Red Dwyer ~ Live 3 pm EDT (GMT-5)

Red Dwyer ~ Live 3 pm EDT (GMT-5)

Home Forums RedmundPro Forums Live Chat Red Dwyer ~ Live 3 pm EDT (GMT-5)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Red 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Laurie Beall
    Participant

So then would it be safe to say the original thought was to make it as impersonal and as far removed from your life as possible, but you changed your mind along the way and allows readers in for a closer glimpse of you? Did this improve the overall book, make it more understandable or give it a sense of being more than just another person that may or may not understand the intricate details giving advice ?

Lizzie
    Participant

what’s your best advice to someone who says they someday want to write a book?

Red
    Keymaster

Yes, Laurie. I originally wrote the book with no personal references at all. On the initial pass with audiences who both knew me then and did not, it was too impersonal. The overwhelming request was it include my experience.

It lends a believability to the book because I have done it. It gives hope to the reader it is survivable. I am not someone who learned it from a book. I learned it by living it.

Red
    Keymaster

Lizzie, I say, “Someday is today.” If you talk about the “someday” of a book, it will never be written. If you say, “I am writing a book,” people can hold your feet to the fire for progress and the book will be born.

Lizzie
    Participant

I meant to preface with Hi Red 🙂

Red
    Keymaster

Q

Gail Thornton asked: As an author who chose to submit to you, the most valued part of Redmund Productions publishing for me is its difference from traditional and self-publishing. You are an author’s publisher in every sense of the word. Please explain how you came upon the idea which ultimately has become the only choice for me with two books published to date, and more to follow.

A

I have spent the last two years researching the pitfalls of the publishing industry from an author’s standpoint. Studying the nature of the publishing houses revealed their intent was more to further their own reputations in producing niche content in certain genres. While marketing arguments can be made, they are missing the component of having authors being true to their stories. My belief is the author is best suited for creating the story, which suffers when it is made to conform to a publisher’s idea of what is “best”.

Self-publishing is not for the tech-challenged. Despite loads of platforms which will allow you to upload anything you can type into a word processor, they do no favors to the industry by flooding the market with underprepared materials masquerading as books. The proliferation of uncovered and poorly covered “books” is merely a scarlet A for the underdeveloped interior.

By hybridizing the two platforms and introducing a before-unseen concept, RedmundPro has developed into a haven for those who are good storytellers and poets yet lack the technical skills to make their WIP into a book. The collaborative nature of RedmundPro allows many to be invested in a project, ultimately giving each project far more momentum before it hits the market.

Red
    Keymaster

I am so glad everyone could make it today. Thank you, Liz, Dave and Laurie.

Thank you to Laurie, Janet and Gail for their earlier questions, as well.

Gail Thornton
    Participant

Thank you, Red~!

Red
    Keymaster

Welcome, Gail. Did I get all of your questions?

Laurie Beall
    Participant

Once the book is published it has to make its way to the public. Any tips for marketing strategies?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.