Laurie Childree ~ Live 12 pm EDT

Laurie Childree ~ Live 12 pm EDT

Home Forums RedmundPro Forums Live Chat Laurie Childree ~ Live 12 pm EDT

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laurie Beall 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Raymond A. Kukkee
    Participant

OCD -like symptoms in writing look a lot like  insecurity.  Do you write and rewrite obsessively, let’s say, more than two or three times?   I wonder if that’s not because the writing was ‘forced’ in the initial stage?

Laurie Beall
    Participant

There have been times when there have been two or three or more rewrites. They typically start with throwing the original away and starting over.

I would say it has a lot to do with forcing it the first time around. It is actually not a good idea to force anything, unless of course you have a tight deadline and only need to make it technical and understandable. Creative works can be destroyed by force however.

Raymond A. Kukkee
    Participant

Hm…right, do editors always  realize they ARE  changing the voice, that may be a critical question.   I’m not too sure how I would answer that question myself….haha!

Do you have any idea how your book sales are progressing?

I guess I better stop asking questions,  I’m using up your afternoon…..I  really appreciate your taking time to talk to us. Thank you Laurie, and good luck with your book!

Laurie Beall
    Participant

I don’t think that editors always realize they are changing the voice, I believe that at times it is entirely accidental when they do. At least when some do.

Ebooks are selling better than kindle.

On the contrary Ray, you are making my afternoon rather enjoyable. It really has been a pleasure answering your questions. Thank you for taking the time to ask them!

Raymond A. Kukkee
    Participant

Right on. I think it’s accidental too. Even the softening of a tone of the voice of a character can make a huge difference in inferred meaning.  It is SO critical.

I really enjoyed talking to you too, Laurie!  I hope we are ALL  very successful selling our books!  I have no idea what’s selling, just keeping the fingers crossed.   “:)
    Best day to you!   Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!  It’s been my pleasure!

Laurie Beall
    Participant

You’re welcome, yes fingered crossed for us all!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.