Laurie Childree ~ Live 12 pm EDT

Laurie Childree ~ Live 12 pm EDT

Home Forums RedmundPro Forums Live Chat Laurie Childree ~ Live 12 pm EDT

This topic contains 35 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Laurie Beall 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Laurie Beall
    Participant

Hello, I”m Laurie Childree and in less than ten minutes I’ll be answering your questions in a live chat!

Laurie Beall
    Participant

Hello again! How are you today? Glad you could make it. Some early birds left me some questions, I’m going to answer those while we chat. Make yourself comfortable and ask away.

Laurie Beall
    Participant

Janet Russel asked “Hi Laurie…
    what does your basic writing process look like? Do you use a notebook? Scraps of paper? Or do you type into a word processor, as you are inspired?
    thanks,
    Janet
    My basic writing process would depend on what I’m working on and how I’m feeling at the moment. Articles for clients are typically done in the word processor alone unless there are specific instructions on what to include then I might make notes on scrap paper. If I”m working on something and I decide to write something else I’ll open a new document, or grab a blank piece of paper, when research is required I put what I find in what I’m writing as I go.

Laurie Beall
    Participant

Janet also wanted to know

Q. Hi again, Laurie…
    It must be difficult finding time when your muse is active AND you can take time away from your daily responsibilities. Can you talk a little about how this affects your work?
    thanks
    Janet
    A. My biggest responsiblity is at school during the day and has an early bedtime, working around her is easy. I tend to “hear” the ideas so waiting to write them down isn’t that difficult, the longer the I wait the more formed they are. If it’s only a snippet of an idea I’m likely to forget it in the time it takes me to get where I can write it. So I end up with something totally different.

Laurie Beall
    Participant

And another question from Janet!

Q. Laurie… are you primarily a poet? Or do you have any novels in you bursting to get out? A memoir, perhaps?
    thanks,
    Janet
    A. I would be working on a novel at the moment, and an informational book. The memoir, I’ve considered it. It would have to be a series though, I’m nowhere near done.

Laurie Beall
    Participant

Red asked “How much different is writing a book from writing articles or are the building blocks the same only configured differently? ”

There’s a lot more work involved in writing a book. Articles only require that the information be narrowed down to fit into a specific word count without stuffing or ommitting relevant details. Books definitely take longer to know when you are finished.

Gathering the information is roughly the same process, organizing it is more difficult though. The building blocks, yes they are the same just a different process.

Laurie Beall
    Participant

Gail asked “Hi Laurie,

How important has the editing process been for your book? What were your impressions after Moments, Money & Memoires was edited?”

A. The editing process was vital to my book, it turned my ramblings into something organized that was actually legible.

My impression of MM&M after it was edited was that it was about a thousand times better than original submission had been. It had a theme(s) that I had not realized existed at all.

Laurie Beall
    Participant

Gail also wanted to know “Laurie,

What has your publishing experience been with Redmund Productions?”

Hmm, how was my publishing experience with Redmund Productions? In short it was absolutely amazing.

The long answer, I’ve never experienced anything like it.  The support, and lack of knit picking was something I haven’t been used to in the past. It did not take long to become spoiled to it. I’ll be publishing all my books with Redmund Productions as long as we are both in existance.

Laurie Beall
    Participant

Red wanted to know “If the whole world left you alone with a keyboard and a waiter, what would you write?”

This is possibly the most difficult question to answer. The first instinct is anything and everything. For some reason everytime I go to answer this, I can hear the Carrie Bradshaw dialogues fom Sex and the City as she sat pounding away at her laptop wo write about her latest exploits.

I’d write letters to my children, all the lessons I’ve learned so others didn’t have to learn them the same way, and the longest novel the world has ever seen.

Laurie Beall
    Participant

Raymond Alexander Kukkee asked ”

Hi, Laurie! Nice to talk to you! I thought I would ask you what made you decide to ‘be a writer’, is there any specific event you recall that made you say “Eureka!|’m a writer!” ?”

Answer? Well, it would have to be the moment I realized I was actually making a living from it. Then I started having people find me to get me to write for them. It was actually more a “YIKES! I’m a writer!” moment.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.