Killing Us Softly
Killing Us Softly: Becoming the Surviving Spouse of Cancer
Red Dwyer’s Killing us Softly is a monumental book of heartfelt and practical advice for getting through and surviving the onslaught of cancer and death of a spouse.
With the use of real time journal entries and blog posts, the author reaches out to readers in a unique way to guide them through all the emotions, responsibilities, and processes of being the caretaker of a marriage partner.
Self-care and the care of the children are her primary focus, as she becomes the sole head of household and cup of love for her dying spouse and surviving family of nine children, three of whom are autistic.
The book is supremely well-balanced in a way that has never been offered to the public before. The journal entries and blog posts draw us into her intimate life as she grieves privately yet exhibits her strength throughout and beyond the dying process. The focus is on helping the reader maneuver through the seemingly herculean feats of love and physical care which are assigned to the surviving spouse once the diagnosis of cancer is definite.
From discussion on diagnosis and decisions to be made, through treatment and endgame, Red Dwyer holds our hand and shares with us her advice for not only surviving but also claiming our lives as we traverse this difficult and often hidden journey. She discusses the role of spirituality in the lives of the caretaking spouses, and the details of cancer treatment as a partner in the comfort of her loved one.
Almost all of us are faced with treatment options at end of life, and many of us don’t face them until we are feeble and sick and not entirely in a place to make those decisions. While cancer has specific decisions to be made, Dwyer discusses the choices we all make when faced with extended treatment of a terminal illness or allowing nature to take its course.
From diagnosis to hospice care, endgame and beyond, this author will be ultimately helpful to millions, who before this point have persevered and survived in silence.
Let the healing begin.
Kindle ebook: $3.50
ePUB for ereaders: $3.50
PDF for computer readers: $3.50
- Fractal Tree of Life | The M3 Blog - [...] like to know more about my journey losing my spouse and the survival which is possible afterward, Killing Us…
- Tarnished Silence | The M3 Blog - [...] new book Killing Us Softly: Becoming the Surviving Spouse of Cancer is now available on Redmund Productions in paperback, ebook, PDF…
- Book Reviews Heating Up: The Fires of Waterland | Incoming Bytes - [...] Dwyer: Killing us Softly, Darkness Introduced, Mantra’s Book of Shadows, Taming the Terrible [...]
- Asked & Answered | The M3 Blog - [...] opening passage is a quote from Killing Us Softly. You can pick up your copy of KUS at RedmundPro [...]
- Killing Us Softly – A Profound Emotional Experience… | BuddhaKat - […] Writer’s Spotlight: RE-Red RedmundPro: Killing Us Softly M3: Books I […]
- Between the Covers | How the Cookie Crumbles - […] Click here to read more […]
- Only One | The M3 Blog - […] did the Widowed Blog Hop, and you read Killing Us Softly. You got to know the part of me which…
- Friday Follies: Good Deeds Edition | The M3 Blog - […] from what is revealed in Killing Us Softly, my relationship with my late husband is not a subject for…
- Saturday Evening Post | The M3 Blog - […] Kindle, ebook and PDF at RedmundPro.com RedmundPro.com For all…
- Engagement | The M3 Blog - […] I appreciate you are trying to celebrate the life of a loved one, but I do not like the…